Connect with us

Transfer

Jose Mourinho opens up about Tottenham Hotspur’s summer transfer plans after Champions League exit

Published

on

English Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur’s manager Jose Mourinho has ruled out a squad overhaul in the upcoming summer transfer window. The North London-based club suffered a humiliating exit from the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday with a 4-0 aggregate defeat against German Bundesliga club RB Leipzig.

The defeat effectively ended Spurs’ hopes of any title this season as the last season’s Champions League runners up have already crashed out of the FA Cup last week on a penalty shootout against Norwich City.

Talking after the match as per Metro, Mourinho rejected the idea of the squad overhaul and suggested that having three key players back from an injury will be enough to compete with the best in the country next season.

“I don’t think we will have a big rebuild, this summer, unless something happens during the Euros,’ said Mourinho. ‘We have Sissoko back, we have Kane, we have Son, that is massive.”

READ   Cameeoon: Center half Abdoulaye Moustapha leaves Cotonsport of Garoua for a 2 years deal at Eding FC of Lekie

Spurs have been hugely affected by injuries in the recent past as they are currently without star strikers Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, newly-signed winger Steven Bergwijn and veteran midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

The result on Tuesday left the North London-based club with just one objective of finishing in the top-four in the league competition where they are currently placed on the ninth position—seven points behind fourth-placed Chelsea.

Please follow and like us:
Advertisement
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Cameroon

Castelletto Agrees To Join French Side Nantes FC

Cameroon International, Jean-Charles Castelletto has agreed to join FC Nantes. The Cameroon international penned a three-year contract that will keep him at Stade de la Beaujoire until 2023.

Published

on

Jean-Charles Castelletto

Cameroon International, Jean-Charles Castelletto has agreed to join FC Nantes. The Cameroon international penned a three-year contract that will keep him at Stade de la Beaujoire until 2023.

In a statement release after signing Castelletto, FC Nantes said, “FC Nantes is very happy to announce the signing of Jean-Charles Castelletto (25 years old), who will arrive free of any commitment on July 1 from the Stade Brestois 29.”

On his part, Jean-Charles Castelletto said,

“I am very happy to be able to sign at FC Nantes. This is a very large French football club in which I hope to be able to achieve great things in the coming days. I am impatient to start and to discover my new teammates.”

The 25 year-old player contract ends on July 1 at FC Brest. The player is said to have given an impressive account of himself in his debut Ligue 1 season with his fine defensive displays. He played 22 matches in the just-concluded French Ligue I season, helping Brest finish 14th in the league table with a goal to his credit.

READ   Chelsea star’s agent reveals move to Serie A is possible

Castelleto started his football career at Auxerre Academy in 2012 and he featured for the club in Ligue 2, before moving to Belgium to join Club Brugge in 2015.

After struggling for playing time in the first half of the 2015-16 Belgian First Division A season, he was loaned to Royal Excel Mouscron where he played 10 league matches.

His lack of playing time at Brugge, forced him to return to France to join second division club Red Star on a season-long loan. The Cameroonian defender joined Brest at the end of the temporary deal in 2017 and helped the team earned promotion to Ligue 1 in 2019.

By Etienne Mainimo

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Transfer

Reports: Real Madrid target Liverpool’s Sadio Mane, Juventus take decision on Cristiano Ronaldo future

Published

on

Liverpool star Sadio Mane is reportedly being pursued by Real Madrid.

Could Liverpool part with Sadio Mane?

The star forward is a key member of Jurgen Klopp’s side, who won the Champions League last season.

However, Real Madrid are reportedly ready to test Liverpool’s resolve.

TOP STORY – MADRID SET SIGHTS ON MANE

LaLiga giants Real Madrid are targeting Liverpool star Sadio Mane, reports The Mirror.

Mane has established himself as an integral part of Liverpool’s squad after arriving from Southampton in 2016.

However, Madrid believe they could tempt Liverpool with a £140million (€154m) offer.

 

ROUND-UP

– Tuttosport’s frontpage has the headline “Hands off Ronaldo”. Sunday’s newspaper features a story which says Juventus and Cristiano Ronaldo want to continue together as the Serie A champions look to sign a “real number nine” amid links to Mauro Icardi. The Argentina international is on loan at Paris Saint-Germain from Inter.

READ   Steven Bergwijn hails inspirational Jose Mourinho and targets Champions League trophy

– PSG expect Neymar to leave at the end of the season, with ESPN claiming the Ligue 1 giants value the Barcelona target at €150m. Neymar left Barca for PSG in a world-record €222m deal in 2017.

– According to the Express, Chelsea are preparing a £85m (€93m) bid for Bayer Leverkusen’s Leon BaileyLiverpoolArsenal and Manchester United have also been linked to the 22-year-old.

– Gazzetta dello Sport claims PSG are keen on Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic, who is contracted to the Italian giants until 2023. While Pjanic could leave Turin, Emerson Palmieri could arrive as Juve eye the Chelsea full-back.

 

– United have offered goalkeeper Dean Henderson a new contract worth £100,000 per week, reports The Sun. Henderson is on loan at Sheffield United.

– The Mirror says UnitedBorussia DortmundBayern Munich and Chelsea have all met Birmingham City’s asking price for teenage sensation Jude Bellingham.

READ   Cameeoon: Center half Abdoulaye Moustapha leaves Cotonsport of Garoua for a 2 years deal at Eding FC of Lekie

– Liverpool are ready to offload Xherdan ShaqiriDejan LovrenNathaniel Clyne and Adam Lallana at the end of the season, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Transfer

El Clasico hero reveals he ‘had three days’ to choose Real Madrid over Barcelona

Published

on

Real Madrid’s El Clasico hero Vinicius Jr. revealed in a recent interview that he almost joined Barcelona in 2017, before making the decision to sign for their arch-rivals within three days.

Speaking to FourFourTwo, Vinicius said, “It was right after I came back from the 2017 South American Under-17 Championship in Chile, that rumours started saying that Barcelona and Real Madrid were interested.”

“There were already a lot of rumours in the press also, but I never believed them.”

“Eventually it happened: both Real Madrid and Barcelona put offers on the table and I had only three days to make my decision.”

“I always wanted to play for the greatest club, so that’s why I chose Real,” he said.

“My parents visited both clubs and liked them more. It matched with what I already wanted, and I felt their project was better for me,” the Brazilian added further.

“They give a lot of minutes to the younger players, like me, and were going through an outstanding period of success in the Champions League back then.”

READ   Cameeoon: Center half Abdoulaye Moustapha leaves Cotonsport of Garoua for a 2 years deal at Eding FC of Lekie

“Fortunately, I played a lot of games in my first season,” the 19-year-old went on, before concluding:

“Now I have surpassed 50 matches for Real Madrid – few players achieve that at such a young age.”

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading



Latest

Leroy Sane' Leroy Sane'
Bundesliga1 day ago

Bundesliga: Leroy Sane Returns Home And Signs A 5 Years Deal With Bayern Munich

Views: 9 By Elvis Kang Sports Writer, Cameroon The German international Leroy Sane returns home and signed 5 years deal...

Christiana Mpeh Bissong Christiana Mpeh Bissong
Women football2 days ago

Women Football: Christiana Mpeh Bissong Pens Two Years Contract With MKS Olimpia Szczecin In Poland

Views: 60 By Elvis Kang Sports Writer, Cameroon Christiana Mpeh Bissong former attacker for Louves Minproff Yaoundé has signed a...

Egypt2 days ago

Egypt: Egypt Premier League Set To Resume On August 7th After 4 Months Of No Football

Views: 10 By Elvis Kang Sports Writer, Cameroon Egypt Premier League football is poised to return after a four-month shutdown,...

Ghana3 days ago

Manhyia  Palace  Unhappy  With  EX-CEO Of Kotoko

Views: 94   Manhyia Palace is not happy with the way George Amoako has handled the issue of his salaries...

ghana premiership cancelled ghana premiership cancelled
Ghana4 days ago

Just In: Ghana Premiership Cancelled With No Champion

Views: 280 Reports emerging from the Cape coast, land of the black stars of Ghana suggests that the Ghana football...

AWCON4 days ago

AWCON: CAF cancels the Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations 2020.

Views: 11 The CAF exco have confirmed the cancellation of the Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations after a video...

Africa4 days ago

COVID-19 Relief Fund: CAF Allocates Additional 16.2 million USD to Member Associations.

Views: 8 The Confederation of African Football (CAF) Allocates Additional 16. 2 million USD to her 54 member Associations to...

CHAN-2020 CHAN-2020
CHAN4 days ago

CHAN: CAF Postpones 2020 African Nations Championship To January 2021

Views: 21 By Elvis Kang Sports Writer, Cameroon Following the same trend as sports organizers across the globe, the Confederation...

Africa Cup of Nations Africa Cup of Nations
AFCON4 days ago

AFCON: CAF Finally Postponed AFCON 2021 TO January 2022 Over Coronavirus Fears

Views: 23 By Elvis Kang Sports Writer, Cameroon The Confederation of African Football CAF announces big decisions over the future...

Cameroon5 days ago

Official: Gabriel Zabo completes Stade Renard switch

Views: 30 Former Colombe of Dja gaffer, Gabriel Zabo has completed a switch to Stade Renard of Melong for an...

Loading…

Asia

Asia1 month ago

UAE’s Ajman Club Signs Cameroonian Striker In Their U-19 Team

Ajman Football Club base in Ajman in the United Arab Emirates, UAE, have boosted their striking options with the signing...

Asia3 months ago

Cambodia suspend all football tournaments across country to combat COVID-19

Views: 9 Cambodia has become the latest country in Southeast Asia to suspend all footballing activities including the 2020 Cambodian...

Asia3 months ago

Former Myanmar national team captain Yan Aung Kyaw to retire at the end of 2020 season

Views: 6 Yangon United and Myanmar veteran midfielder Yan Aung Kyaw has announced that he will retire from professional football the...

Asia3 months ago

Stephanie Catley scores winner as Melbourne City edge Sydney FC 1-0 in W-League Grand Final

Views: 10 Melbourne City FC edged Sydney 1-0 in the 2019-20 W-League Grand Final at the AAMI Park in Melbourne...

Asia3 months ago

Health of players, officials and fans always our priority, says AFC amidst COVID-19 disruption

Views: 4 The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has said that the health of the players, officials and fans is their...

Asia3 months ago

Reports: Football Federation Australia set to suspend A-League season due to COVID-19

Views: 5 Football Federation Australia (FFA) is reportedly all set to announce the suspension of the 2019-20 season of A-League...

Asia3 months ago

Philippines good enough to play against any team anywhere: Azkals coach Scott Cooper

Views: 8 Philippines national football team coach Scott Cooper believes that the Azkals have made tremendous leap in quality during...

Asia3 months ago

Korea Football Association turns national training centre into COVID-19 treatment clinic

Views: 11 The Korea Football Association (KFA) has decided to transform its state-of-the-art National Football Centre in Paju into a...

Asia3 months ago

Singapore starlet Ikhsan Fandi’s potential move to Norwegian top division club held up due to COVID-19

Views: 13 Singapore international striker Ikhsan Fandi’s potential move from Norway’s second division to its top flight has been held...

Asia3 months ago

Malaysia Premier League outfit Kelantan FA set to cut player salaries due to COVID-19 losses

Views: 18 Malaysia Premier League outfit Kelantan FA could be cutting their players’ salaries due to the financial impact rising...