CAF is discussing on changing the ranking system prior to the draws of the African Cup of Nations come next summer in Egypt.
CAF officials settled on removing points for each team’s World Cup and qualifiers, and adding FIFA’s ranking in March as a way to rank the equal teams in the standings.
Thus, CAF levels are classified in the following way in case of confirming the new method of determining CAF Ranking
First, results of the last 3 copies of the Cup of Nations will be considered , as follows
– Trophy Holder 8 points, and 6 points to the runner up team.
-Two Semi finalists will get 4 points.
– Teams that departed from the quarter-finals 3 points.
– Third of groups gets two points.
– Last of group takes one point.
2017 AFCON factor = 3
2015 AFCON factor = 2
2013 AFCON factor = 1
Second, CAF will consider qualifier games for the last 3 copies 2019, 2017 and 2015 as follows
– First of group of qualifiers gets 4 points.
– Second gets 3 points.
– Third place gets 2 points.
– Last gets a single point.
2019 Qualifier factor = 2
2017 Qualifier factor = 1
2015 Qualifier factor = 0.5
In case of equal points , CAF is due to FIFA’s March ranking recently issued Today.