Zinedine Zidane has reportedly urged Real Madrid to bring Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba to LaLiga.
Paul Pogba remains on the sidelines but his club future is at the centre of the rumour mill.
According to a new report, Zinedine Zidane wants the Manchester United midfielder “at all costs”.
Links between Pogba and Real Madrid have long been established, but it seems not all in the Spanish capital are keen on the move.
TOP STORY – ZIDANE WANTS TO POACH POGBA
Zidane views compatriot Pogba as “the final piece of the puzzle” for Madrid and has implored the club to secure his signature, reports Marca.
The Los Blancos boss reportedly made Pogba’s arrival his only demand when he returned to the Santiago Bernabeu in March for a second stint as head coach.
However, Madrid executives are said to be sceptical about splashing at least €120million for a player who would potentially take a first-team spot from the improving Federico Valverde.
Zidane and Pogba had a “chance” encounter in Dubai in October, where the 26-year-old was undergoing warm-weather rehabilitation on his injured ankle.
– Paris Saint-Germain have been impressed with Mauro Icardi and will look to tie the on-loan striker to a permanent deal, claims CalcioMercato. The Ligue 1 champions can reportedly land the Inter outcast for €70m.
– Arsenal, West Ham and any other Premier League teams aiming to appoint Rafael Benitez would have to pay £20m to release him from his Dalian Yifang contract, says the Daily Mail.
– Copa Libertadores champions Flamengo could pull the plug on a bid for Gabriel Barbosa after growing frustrated with the forward’s reluctance to finalise the arrangement, according to Fox Sports Brazil. ‘Gabigol’ is on loan from Inter and reportedly coverts a second chance in Europe.
– CalcioMercato reports Milan are plotting to sign PSG left-back Layvin Kurzawa when his contract expires at the end of the season.
– Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham hope to capture Norwich City centre-back Ben Godfrey in January for around £25m, reports Football Insider.